Window Tint Violation Leads YVSF to Drugs and Firearm Arrest in Dorchester

At about 9:49 PM on Wednesday, September 15, 2021, officers assigned to the Youth Violence Strike Force along with Massachusetts State Troopers, made an onsite arrest of Daniel Murphy-Wilkins, 27 of Roxbury on firearm and drug related offenses after a traffic stop in the area of Quincy Street and Dacia Street in Dorchester.

While on patrol, officers observed a motor vehicle with excessively dark tinted windows traveling in the area of Quincy Street and Blue Hill Avenue. Officers initiated the traffic stop and as they approached the motor vehicle with flashlights illuminated, they could see the driver lean forward and then sit back up again.

Officers asked the driver, later identified as Daniel Murphy-Wilkins to step out of the motor vehicle. Officers recovered a loaded Glock 9X from the door pocket. The firearm was loaded with one round in the chamber and fifteen rounds in the magazine. Also recovered from the motor vehicle was a backpack containing various pills, crack cocaine, a digital scale and $9,980.00 in USC.

Daniel Murphy-Wilkins was placed under arrest and charged with: Trafficking Crack Cocaine: 36 – 100 Grams, Possession of Class B, Drugs, (Oxycodone), Unlawful Possession of a Firearm and Unlawful Possession of Ammunition. He is expected to be arraigned in Roxbury District Court.

This is not Wilkins-Murphy’s first run in with the law, he has been arrested on numerous charges including obstructing a murder investigation in 2013, when he lied about his involvement with the shooting of 17-year-old Andre Matthew in 2012. Investigators found multiple pieces of evidence that showed Wilkins-Murphy with the other known shooters just minutes before the incident took place, however they were unable to convict him of the murder directly. A few years later in 2015, Wilkins-Murphy was again arrested, this time after a high-speed chase through Dorchester that ended with an armed standoff after he attempted to strike an officer with his vehicle and then pointed a loaded firearm at three others before being taken into custody.