Sprinkler System Aids Firefighters In a Quick Knockdown of Dryer Fire

On December 8th, 2022, at approximately 21:30 hours, Boston Firefighters responded to a 911 call reporting that a fire had broken out on the fourth floor of an apartment building at 33 Exeter Street. The caller stated the fire was started by a dryer.

The apartments were located directly above a spa and salon in the area. When the Fire Department arrived, they immediately began working to knock down the flames. With help from the building’s sprinkler system, the fire was mainly isolated to the fourth floor and had not spread far.

Responders quickly tried to move residents out of the building for their safety as they were working. Thankfully, No residents were harmed.

It is currently unknown what the extent of the smoke and water damage is or what it will cost. The fire is still under investigation and there is no further information at this time.